So my last few Starfield saves are crashing continually a few minutes after loading in. I’m playing on PC but this might work for Xbox also.
If you’re having the same issue, try these steps:
- Do not delete your current ‘main’ save game
- Load up a previous/old save if you have one, make sure it’s stable and not crashing
- While playing that old save, go to your menu and ‘Save’ manually. Creating a new save (we won’t be using this but it’s important to do this)
- Now, Load back to your ‘main’ save file
- You should be crash-free for a while at least
Repeat this process if the save starts crashing again. Other users online have suggested turning off ‘Auto-save’.
Let me know in the comments if this worked for you.